Used (theological) bookstores?

KevinE

Puritan Board Freshman
Hello - I was curious if anyone knows of used Theological Bookstores in the Dallas-Fort Worth area or Houston area, given the number of seminaries in the state? What I was looking for was the Pilgrim Publications versions of Spurgeon's Metropolitan Tabernacle Pulpit, mainly from 1895-1917. I would think that former students or professors would sell collections periodically and didn't know if Ebay was the best route, a local used bookstore, or if there's another route for sales that I'm not thinking of. Thank you for any tips.

Please note that is someone it willing to sell, I'll buy several at once - I think I'm missing 17.
Kevin

Last edited:
Hello - I was curious if anyone knows of used Theological Bookstores in the Dallas-Fort Worth area or Houston area, given the number of seminaries in the state? What I was looking for was the Pilgrim Publications versions of Spurgeon's Metropolitan Tabernacle Pulpit, mainly from 1895-1917. I would think that former students or professors would sell collections periodically and didn't know if Ebay was the best route, a local used bookstore, or if there's another route for sales that I'm not thinking of. Thank you for any tips.

Please note that is someone it willing to sell, I'll buy several at once - I think I'm missing 17.
Kevin
An antiquarian/used book dealer is probably more likely the place to find these volumes. Write David C. Lachman Booksellers, run by his daughter Sarah (David just recently passed away).
Quote from recent email book list:
The website has a very small selection of our stock, please send us an email if you have a wants list!
Our theology lists can be found at http://davidclachman.com/theology.html
Our Bible lists can be found at http://davidclachman.com/bibles.html
A selection of ephemera, here: http://davidclachman.com/miscellanea.html
Featured items, here: http://davidclachman.com/features/features.html

Check our eBay listings: patter72 and sarah.milligan

I find abebooks.com very helpful. I searched for "Metropolitan Tabernacle Pulpit" with keywords "Pilgrim Publications" and one of the results looks to be volume 17:

Kevin
It's been a while, but I found some cool books at a bookstore in Deep Ellum. Wish I could remember the name, but it's somewhere on the main drag...

FYI: In 2024 and 2025, Reformation Heritage Books plans to republish the entire 63-volume set of Spurgeon's sermons in good-looking hardback volumes. This will be the first time the set has been reprinted, I think, since Pilgrim Publications of Texas did so back in the 1970s or so.

In case you're interested.

FYI: In 2024 and 2025, Reformation Heritage Books plans to republish the entire 63-volume set of Spurgeon's sermons in good-looking hardback volumes. This will be the first time the set has been reprinted, I think, since Pilgrim Publications of Texas did so back in the 1970s or so.

In case you're interested.
Aha, too late for me. :). I have my set now need to sell the duplicates.

What I was looking for was the Pilgrim Publications versions of Spurgeon's Metropolitan Tabernacle Pulpit, mainly from 1895-1917. I would think that former students or professors would sell collections periodically and didn't know if Ebay was the best route, a local used bookstore, or if there's another route for sales that I'm not thinking of. Thank you for any tips.

I probably have 40+ volumes in "like new" condition in my library. I can check for Volume 17 and if you want an inventory list of everything just shoot me a PM. The volumes are wonderful, but the print size is too small for me these days.

Haha - i was missing 17 of the actual volumes, unfortunately. I just won an Ebay auction where i got a complete set, but I need to sell the remaining duplicates now. Thanks!

Back