"The Church History Project," by Jared Luttjeboer

Jonah Luebke

Puritan Board Freshman
Back in December, Brother J.L. Allen posted a thread about the "Church History Project," by Jared Luttjeboer. I want to follow up with another thread promoting this podcast.

For any who are unaware, this is an excellent podcast that is a chronological presentation of church history, loosely based on Nick Needham's five-volume church history set. So far, the complete first season (14 episodes) is available, which covers the Greco-Roman context into which our Lord Jesus Christ took on human flesh. The second season will be coming out sometime this summer. Here is a brief list of reasons I recommend this podcast:

1) The episodes range from 8 minutes to 15 minutes. Thus, they are accessible to everyone.

2) Jared is a masterful storyteller. For the initiated and the uninitiated, he presents church history in a fresh, insightful manner.

3) Every episode contains instrumental background music and a presentation of the gospel.

You can find this podcast at the following links:

I've been wanting to learn church history lately, and these bite sized chunks are perfect for me. A nice heads up brother!

Back