PB Stats for the last year

A good reminder that a lot of what is posted here is not only viewable by the world, but is actually viewed.

I'll always be so very thankful for PB. Like so many others can testify to, it provided answers for important questions I didn't even know to ask, long before I joined.

Hi ya’ll,

I believe the board came to life in 2002. My wife and I were married in 2000. I remember Matt and I initiating an XMB platform one evening from my house. We didn’t get into our home until 2002.

I recall the conversation. It was on the heels of my participation in 2 other email groups: the Warfield list and RTdisc on yahoo.

Scott:,Let’s start a discussion group!

Matt: Why do u want to do that?

Scott: so we can discuss theology!

Matt: ok……what do u want to name it?

Scott: Peanutbutterworld!

Just kidding. ‘Let’s call it Puritanboard!’

Matt: ok

On a related topic, does anyone know what is the OLDEST Christian board in the history of teh interwebs? I remember participating in the Open Bible "Echo" in the '80s BBS era when I was a teenager. The only others I specifically remember there were James White as well as a KJV-only pastor from Florida.

A good reminder that a lot of what is posted here is not only viewable by the world, but is actually viewed.
Two things come to mind with you saying that.

1. We need to our best ability communicate the truth of God's Word that people may not be led astray.
2. We need to communicate with love, that the world may know we are Christ's disciples.

Two things come to mind with you saying that.

1. We need to our best ability communicate the truth of God's Word that people may not be led astray.
2. We need to communicate with love, that the world may know we are Christ's disciples.
When I was first looking around at joining, someone had an avatar than said something like "Up Yer Kilt" that was active at the time. I considered it so crude that I considered not joining. I'm glad I did and that wasn't indicative of the general type of conversations on the PB.

Here is the oldest thread I could find from Dec 2002. I think there was some data loss at some point before I took over but this is the oldest that we have in the DB :

I joined in the summer of 2005 when I was stationed in Okinawa and had to be there for 4 months without my family. I found the Board and fell in love with the community.

I think the forum software back then was phpBB and I started talking to Scott about helping out with the technical aspects of the board.

It wasn't a hostile takeover as much as me taking on the hosting and technology aspects of the board.

Initially, I upgraded the board to the latest version of the open source software, and spent not a small amount of time figuring out how to re-write a plugin that leveraged the U2U system (that was what messages were called).

Eventually, I figured out that we needed to move the board to commercial software and migrated the board to vBulletin 4. I think it was 2007ish. I remember going through a rehearsal of all the steps to make sure it all worked and then pulling the trigger.

We migrated to Xenforo several years later and then had to upgrade from 1 to 2. I'm happy to say that, in all those years, I've maintained at least some discipline in how the site is backed up that we've never had a catastrophic loss.

The interesting thing about the PB is that is was social media before the rise of Facebook. We are fractionally as large as we were at our peak around 2007-2008 but the community is still strong and the content still attracts a lot of lurkers.

Back