NEW MUSIC: ALL OUT WAR - Covering Christopher Love's Book on Spiritual Warfare - McMahon

C. Matthew McMahon

Christian Preacher

ALL OUT WAR

Dr. McMahon has taken Christopher Love’s excellent book, “The Christian’s Combat Against the Devil,” and composed and arranged songs chapter by chapter using Love’s content. Each chapter is distilled to its primary message and set to music in the style of 1980s-1990s metal rock. Love’s work on spiritual warfare spans eleven chapters, and thus there are eleven corresponding songs. Love’s insights are exceptionally helpful to all who battle sin, the world, and the devil daily.

Added: McMahon has also taken a 17th-century poem (Appendix 1) and reimagined it in a modern heavy metal format. This track, titled “Oh Lord What Have I Done – Tremble My Soul,” vividly depicts the anguish of someone who believes they are condemned to hell. But we don’t want to leave someone there… To complement this, two additional tracks are included as Appendix 2 and Appendix 3, both inspired by Jonathan Edwards’ renowned sermon, “Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God.” The first track is titled “Hanging by a Thread,” and the second is “Savior,” both taken directly from Edwards’ thoughts.

Samples of the Tracks can be found in the video and more info can be found here.

AllOutWarAlbum-HeavyMetal.jpg

Music Tracks
1. All Out War
2. Stand Therefore
3. Rise Up to the Call
4. Victory’s Sure
5. Just War
6. Malice of the Dragon
7. Stay in the Fight
8. The Armor of Light
9. All-Prayer
10. Pilgrim’s Journey
11. Heavenly Minded
12. APPENDIX 1- Oh Lord What I Have I Done – Tremble My Soul
13. APPENDIX 2- Hanging by a Thread
14. APPENDIX 3- Savior

That's cool! That's definitely more of a style I would be into. The sound of classic rock and 90s alternative is what appeals to me most.

That's cool! That's definitely more of a style I would be into. The sound of classic rock and 90s alternative is what appeals to me most.
Thanks! It was specifically a request by a church member about 3 months ago. They listened to Westminster then Dordt, and thought that pulling content from Puritan Books would be super helpful as well. And they like metal. So, they requested Love's Book. That got the ball rolling on the idea. And subsequent ideas...

Back