Church use

jeff.reed@bighorntrailer.

Puritan Board Freshman
The ACLU in Nebraska is trying to pass an amendment to the Nebraska Constitution to allow all abortions. "Choose Life Now" is countering with a petition drive to amend the Constitution to limit abortion. Should a Church allow a member to set up a table inside to gather signatures for the cause of life?

Last edited:
Then my initial thought is, no, the elders shouldn’t allow it.

A) This is not a condemnation of the cause; rather,

B) This sets a precedent and opens the doors to the elders having to decide what causes the church will formally support in the future, which could theoretically get out of hand.

C) A better option may be to address it in some other way to put it on people’s radar. Then point them where to go.

I appreciate your response and tend to agree with your points. My struggle is that, aside from salvation, there is no greater issue than life and is this the one issue that should be addressed inside the Church? I do not consider the life issue political.

I appreciate your response and tend to agree with your points. My struggle is that, aside from salvation, there is no greater issue than life and is this the one issue that should be addressed inside the Church? I do not consider the life issue political.
I agree with Boreal. I appreciate your wanting to preserve life but abortion qua abortion is a political issue unfortunately. I mean where do you draw the line? What about cloning? Or some other issue? Can't welfare reform be argued as a life issue?

Back